Graduates of the Department of Mathematical Analysis and Probability Theory are in high demand in the labor market both in Ukraine and abroad. The versatility and thoroughness of the acquired knowledge allow graduates to prove themselves not only in specialized fields, such as banking or insurance, but also in general companies, including in the fields of transport, economics or IT.
In recent years, graduates of our department have got jobs in such companies and enterprises as Quartesian-Europe, Danone Ukraine, Starcom Ukraine, Raiffeisen Bank Aval, Silpo FOOD LLC, Euroizol, CT Ukraine, Energy Saving Systems of Ukraine LLC, etc. The knowledge gained during the training period allows them to work in analytical and logistics departments, planning and forecasting departments. In addition, graduates of the Department of Mathematical Analysis and Probability Theory receive invitations to study in graduate school, both from our department and from other Ukrainian and foreign institutes.
Opportunities for graduates
Graduates of the educational program have the opportunity to work as actuaries of insurance companies, financial analysts and consultants, managers in the field of investment, financial risks, researchers and teachers of mathematics in government and commercial organizations.
An actuary is an expert in insurance mathematics, a specialist in risk assessment theory in various areas of human activity, a strategist with a deep understanding of financial systems. The profession of actuary is one of the most popular in the country.
According to experts, Ukraine needs 150-200 actuaries to transition to the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS). After the decision made in 2005 on qualification requirements for persons who may be engaged in actuarial calculations (State Commission for Regulation of Financial Services Markets of Ukraine, №3519), only 24 persons received certificates for the right to perform and certify actuarial calculations, and 7 of them already work for outside Ukraine. In the labor market there is a need for specialists in insurance and financial mathematics (primarily for analysts in the field of insurance of movable and immovable property).
Among the areas of professional activity that require specialists in actuarial methods, we note the following
· Risk management in financial institutions,
· Risk management in non-financial institutions,
· Actuarial business in insurance,
· Acute case in non-state pension and social programs.
According to the State Classification of Professions, graduates of the faculty can work as:
· Professionals in the field of physical and technical sciences;
· Researchers in the field of solid state physics, laser physics, plasma physics and astronomy;
· Teachers of universities and other higher educational institutions
Graduates of the faculty can work as scientists, teachers of higher educational institutions, leading specialists in scientific, industrial, commercial and banking institutions in Ukraine and abroad.
Graduates work as specialists in nanotechnology, solid state physics, chaos theory and nonlinear phenomena, astrophysics, information technology in physics, developers of programs for describing biomedical processes, developers of quantum chemistry methods. Researchers, university professors, system analysts of government and commercial institutions.
Graduates of the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics work:
· Teachers and scientists at the departments of NTUU "KPI named after Igor Sikorsky" and other higher education institutions;
· Teachers in colleges, technical schools and lyceums;
· In state and non-state organizations, institutions, enterprises of Ukraine and abroad (Germany, Great Britain, USA);
· In the Institutes of the NAS of Ukraine, in particular in:
o Institute of Physics,
o Institute of Nuclear Research,
o Institute of Semiconductor Physics. V.Ye. Lashkareva,
o Frantsevich Institute of Problems of Materials Science,
o Institute of Magnetism,
o Institute of Metal Physics. GV Kurdyumov NAS of Ukraine,
o SI Subbotin Institute of Geophysics,
o Institute of Physiology. Worshipers,
o Institute of Surface Chemistry,
o Institute of Electric Welding. Є.О. Paton of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,
o etc .;
· In international and Ukrainian banks;
· In analytical divisions of the Security Service of Ukraine, the tax service of Ukraine;
· In corporations “Golden Telecom”, “Vodafone”, “UkrTelecom”;
· Center of Advanced Material Processing;
· Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS), Freiburg, Germany;
· At the University of Lorraine (Jean Lamour Institute, Nancy, France);